Following is a summary of main work items performed recently:
- Completed reconstruction of the levees in ponds C, D and E, utilizing geo-grid.
- Placed the finish soil over the reconstructed levee slopes.
- Completed excavation and forming the deep water channels in ponds C, D and E.
- Completed construction of the island in pond C and partial construction of the island in pond D.
- Removed three of the existing canal gates and began piping extensions.
- Cut/fill and grade pond bottoms to correct elevations.
- Wallace-Kuhl (field geotechnical) took in-situ density tests and moisture contents for compacted levee and island construction.
- Complete construction of the island in pond D.
- Install pipe extensions at water control structures and canal gates.
- Refurbish and reinstall existing canal gates
- Install rip rap at water control structures and canal gates.
- Final grading of pond bottoms to correct elevations.
- Begin hardscape installation (retaining wall, basking logs etc.).
- Begin installation of erosion control blanket on levee slopes.
- Begin planting and seeding.