Progress continued for the habitat enhancement project throughout October and into November for Phase A. The following highlights the construction tasks completed last month:
- Completed reconstruction of 95% of all the levees in ponds C, D and E, utilizing geogrid.
- Placed the majority of finish soil over the reconstructed levees.
- Continued excavation and forming the deep water channels in ponds C, D and E.
- Constructed the island keyways in ponds C and D.
- Began construction of the islands in ponds C and D, utilizing geogrid.
- Installed the two new water control structures between ponds C/D, and ponds D/E.
- Cut/fill and grade pond bottoms to correct elevations.
- Wallace-Kuhl (field geotechnical) took in-situ density tests and moisture contents for compacted levee keyways and levee reconstruction.