Mt. View Sanitary District (MVSD) is thrilled to announce the successful completion of the 2-year Moorhen Marsh Western Pond Turtle Enhancement Project construction project earlier this year. Along with improved wetland and riparian habitat, the newly enhanced 21-acre constructed wetland now boasts the following visitor amenities:
- ADA walking trails
- A new boardwalk and viewing platform
- Dip-netting areas for students
- Ten new interpretive panels
- Picnic areas
Originally constructed in 1974, 2019 also marks the 45th anniversary for this historic wetland as well as the 95th anniversary for MVSD. We hope you will join us in commemorating these significant milestones while enjoying the following activities:
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony with Master of Ceremonies Doug McConnell, host and managing editor of OpenRoad with Doug McConnell Sunday nights at 6:30 on NBC Bay Area
- Wildlife programs including bird walks, dip-netting for children and families, and live animal presentations!
- Nature-oriented community partner booths
- Fun, free activities for children and families, including a “Passport to Adventure” to collect stamps and stickers for prizes!
- Refreshments, live music and much more!
See invitation here or below for more information — We hope you can join us for this celebration!