Following is a summary of main work items performed recently:
- Completed placing the finish soil over the reconstructed levee slopes.
- Completed construction of the island in pond D.
- Rip rap slope protection at water control structures.
- Continued working on the piping extensions at the canal gates for pond C, D and E.
- Final grading of pond bottoms and levee slopes.
- Installation of 3 of the turtle basking areas.
- Partial installation of erosion control blanket in pond E.
- Wallace-Kuhl (field geotechnical) took in-situ density tests and moisture contents for compacted levee and island construction.
- Complete the piping extensions at the canal gates for pond C, D and E and place rip rap slope protection around pipes.
- Final grading of tops of levees.
- Installation of remaining 4 turtle basking areas (7 total).
- Installation of basking logs (15 total) in ponds C, D and E.
- Installation of retaining wall, boulders and decomposed granite at dip net area.
- Complete installation of erosion control blanket in ponds C, D and E.
- Hydroseed levee slopes.