Following is a summary of main work items performed recently:
- Completed keyways in ponds D and E.
- Continued reconstruction of the levees in ponds E and D utilizing geogrid.
- Continued moisture conditioning pond soils.
- Continued dewatering local ponding water in pond E.
- Removed unsuitable concrete fill from existing levees in pond D and placed as foundation for island.
- Removed pipe culverts and weirs between ponds C and D and between ponds D and E.
- Wallace-Kuhl (field geotechnical) took in-situ density tests and moisture contents for compacted levee keyways and levee reconstruction
- Complete levee keyway in pond C.
- Continue excavation and forming the deep water channels in ponds C, D and E.
- Continue reconstruction of the levees in ponds C, D and E utilizing geogrid.
- Cut/fill and grade pond bottoms to correct elevations.
- Start removing and replacing water control structures.