As an essential infrastructure service provider, MVSD continues to meet its primary mission of protecting public health and the environment. As the County had been relaxing Shelter-at-Home restrictions, we have experienced a significant increase in community transmission and illness from COVID-19. The County issued a revised order on July 11 restricting indoor gatherings, and emphasizing the use of masks: https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/health-orders.
- The office will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- For sewer emergencies please call 925-228-5635 x10.
- Permits for essential side sewer repairs will be provided by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling the District’s main phone number 925-228-5635 x10.
- All meetings and gatherings including Board Meetings will be conducted by virtual meeting platforms until further notice. Notice of Board Meetings will be communicated to the public by timely posting on the District website, www.mvsd.org, and publication in the customary locations.
- The District is not currently providing access for visitors to the marsh.
- The District is now collecting sharps from the public. The sharps receptacle has been placed outside the Administration Office for public access. The office remains closed at this time. Sharps containers that will fit in the slot of the receptacle can be dropped off between 7:00-4:30 Monday – Thursday or 7:00-3:30 on Fridays. Large containers can be dropped off by appointment only – please call (925) 228-5635 x 25. Do not leave sharps containers on the ground.
- The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Facility has reopened with modified operations to protect the health and safety of customers and employees. HHW drop-off is available by appointment only: https://kiosk.na4.qless.com/kiosk/app/home/315
Please help us protect your health and that of our community by staying home for all but essential tasks and wear masks while you are out in public. For more information about COVID-19 in Contra Costa County, please visit https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/.
Thank you for your continued understanding during this unprecedented national pandemic response.
To protect Public Health and the Environment, in a safe and reliable manner, at a responsible cost. Read more.